Red Chillies (fleshy kinds) – 150gm / 1/3lb
Garlic – 1 bulb, peeled
Oil – 4 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Water – 1 cup (minus 2 tbsp)
Vinegar – 2 tbsp (optional)
1. Fine chop or pulse the Red Chilli in a food processor.
2. Mince the Garlic.
3. In a skillet, heat the Oil on medium heat.
4. Add in the Garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
5. Add in the Red Chilli and mix.
6. Sprinkle some Salt to allow the Garlic and Red Chilli to release moisture.
7. Cook till the moisture evaporates and add in quarter of the Water and cook till it evaporates again.
8. Repeat till the Water is almost used up. Save 2 tbsp and use White Vinegar instead.
9. Lower heat, mix well.
10. Transfer and allow it to cool down.
11. Store in a dry clean container in the refrigerator for upto 10 days.
12. Use as an accompaniment with Asian cuisine or soups.
Serves : 4
Swadisth Bhojan – smakelijk eten – Bon appétit – Enjoy your meal